Thursday, January 27, 2011

Overall mod list on the bike

So far, this is all I have done. I'm really on the fence about how much one should modify a KLR; they were intended to be an affordable bike, and that is why I bought one. I really don't want to put "pearls on a pig", so I'm hoping I can stick with a pattern of the most cost-effective and realistic mods to make this bike work well for me. Some of these mods are a direct result of my size alone, as the suspension just doesn't work well from stock. For a point of reference, I am 6'4, 235lbs.

The list:

1. Kawasaki gel seat & cover
2. Doohickey
3. 16 tooth countershaft sprocket
4. Heated vest plug
5. 685 kit
6. Mild port & valve clean up
7. Remove emissions air intake
8. Carb shim
9. Progressive fork springs
10. Elka shock
11. EBC - HH pads
12. Exhaust (removed and put back to stock, unsure what to do next)
13. GIVI monokey trunk


I'm hoping to find some decent soft bags for it, and hopefully someone is now making bag stays for this year. The old style do not work

1 comment:

  1. Have a look at the Wolfman Expedition Dry Saddle Bags. They're essentially canoe bags rigged for a bike. I'd probably go this route if I didn't have Givi's from a crashed sportbike that I've been using for the past five years.

    http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Expedition/expd_dry_saddle_bags.html

    ReplyDelete